Thursday 5 September 2013

Tribute to Good Fathers Dead or Alive

The poem is in praise of a father who does not sing his own praises and therefore others sing his.

Dad

© Karen K. Boyer
He never looks for praises
He's never one to boast
He just goes on quietly working
For those he loves the most
His dreams are seldom spoken
His wants are very few
And most of the time his worries
Will go unspoken too
He's there.... A firm foundation
Through all our storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold to
In times of stress and strife
A true friend we can turn to
When times are good or bad
One of our greatest blessings,
The man that we call Dad.



In Memory Poem

In memory of my dad RIP, who I love and miss dearly.

My Dad

© Leah Hendrie
If I could write a story
It would be the greatest ever told
Of a kind and loving father
Who had a heart of gold

If could write a million pages
But still be unable to say, just how
Much I love and miss him
Every single day

I will remember all he taught me
I'm hurt but won't be sad
‘coz he'll send me down the answers
And he'll always be MY DAD
 
My first post on this blog is about fathers...I guess thats simply because we tend to underrate the first man we ever knew and loved the first man we ever completely put our trust in and in some cases the only man to never break our heart. This of course applies only to good fathers and I'll
say a little prayer for them that God will never let them go unrewarded.
 
Is your Dad still alive? Do you appreciate him? Is your Dad no longer with us? How do you cope without him? Remember that God said he is the father of the fatherless and he will never forsake us  


No comments: