Tuesday 18 April 2017

GET EMPOWERED FOR YOUR DREAMS


Oriflame is built on dreams, and one of our main goals is to inspire women across the world to be strong and independent. Hanna Einarsson, Country Manager for Nigeria, is just that. So, we sat down with her to see what motivates and empowers her on a daily basis.
1. YOU’RE ORIGINALLY SWEDISH. SO, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING IN NIGERIA? 
I have been living in Nigeria for over 7 years now. How time flies!
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT LIVING THERE? 
I really love the people, the warmth and happiness here. Nigerians are super-entrepreneurs and for me this is very inspiring! I love being in an environment where people are eager to grow and are pushing for greatness.
3. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR WORK AT ORIFLAME? 
My work at Oriflame is very varied - no day looks the same. The work is very social and I get to meet our amazing leaders every day.
On a regular day I get to the office quite early. I’m a morning person and feel I get a head start if I have my first coffee in the office. I guess it has to do with me being very competitive. Then I usually dedicate my mornings for admin work and emails.
Our leaders start to arrive to the office just before lunch, so I walk around to greet people and talk to my team about how their day is going. For me it’s important that visitors to our office and service center instantly feels welcome.
We also have a number of trainings in the office every day. So, a lot of my time goes into planning for the future and to strengthen our leader plans to fit the market.
4. WHAT GIVES YOU STRENGHT EVERY DAY? 
Easy! Our people! Our great Oriflame Nigeria leaders and the staff in the office. It gives me strength to see the change people are making every day with Oriflame. We are trying to create a culture where people are feeling involved and empowered by their everyday contribution to Oriflame Nigeria. Nigerians on average have a very high and contagious energy that I love. Just seeing how people are running their businesses and trying to make their life better give a lot of energy, I am impressed by the power people have!
5. YOU WERE RECENTLY INAUGURATED AS A SWEDISH HONORARY CONSUL IN LAGOS. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU, PERSONALLY? 
I’m Swedish by birth, but for the past 10 years I have lived abroad. Still, I have a strong connection to Sweden, and think that we have a lot of good values and culture that is worth sharing. I believe that by being part of the Swedish official representation in Nigeria, I can help do this. I also feel that Sweden can learn a lot from Nigeria, so I also see it as my mission to share the greatness of Nigeria when I visit Sweden.
6. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO WOMEN WHO WISH TO BE INDEPENDENT IN THEIR PROFESSIONAL LIFE? 
To be independent in your business life, you need to know your stuff! Strive for perfection and to be the best at what you are doing. I have met many women who is top of their game and really great, but sometime the confidence is lacking. Practice makes perfect. Push yourself to go outside your comfort zone - this is where you grow! Even in your personal life strive to learn new things and to constantly be better than you were last year.
7. HAS NIGERIAN WOMEN’S PERCEPTION TOWARDS THEIR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CHANGED DURING THE LAST 7 YEARS? 
Nigerian women have always been very strong and independent! However, I think there is a new generation of Nigerian women entering the professional sphere carrying a confidence that I really love. Some of our fastest growing leaders right now are young women, this is of course very exciting to see. I am sure that Nigeria will continue to have strong female (and male) leaders growing long term in Oriflame Nigeria.

No comments: